Tuesday, March 07, 2006
Jackson is Dying
INBOX - MESSAGE DISPLAY
I e-mailed Sister Judith Ann from Haiti on December 1, 2005.
We arrived in Haiti yesterday and Jackson showed up this morning with his mother and sister. They carried him alot of the way because he is so swollen he cannot walk. It took them 3 hours to get here. They left at 5 in the morning in the dark. Jackson seems to be dying from congestive heart failure and his kidneys are not making urine. He cannot breathe well of course and cannot eat or sleep. He has mitral valve disease. There are not good alternatives for Jackson in Haiti now. He needs to come to Peoria to be evaluated. He is being suffocated physically by his dysfunctional heart and the systems that marginalize poor people like him. He knows how well he felt in Peoria after his surgeries. He does not understand why we don't take him back to St. Francis Hospital and his host families. He is 21 years old now. Jackson has been taking his meds we gave him in September from Peoria. He needed surgery then as I begged you for back then. Keith, Jackson and his mom are not laughing as they watch him suffocate. He is sitting in our room right now working hard to get each breath. Think about your actions the last 4 years. Mr. Marshall, think about your smug answers now over the last few years stating that I could find other medical centers for kids like Jackson as you and OSF washed your hands of former CHOI patients that happen to be Haitian Hearts kids. Your answers did not help Jackson and others like him. Think about Jackson today and pray for him, Doug. You and OSF had the chance to respond in the Christian way...Sister, call me or e mail me and give the ok for Jackson to come to OSF--Paul knows the letter to write and Dr. Geiss has never turned down a child. Don't let Jackson and OSF's mission philosophy die together.
(I did not get an answer from Sister Judith Ann, Keith Steffen, or Doug Marshall.)
- Introduction--Peoria's Medical Mafia
- Keith's Letter
- Conversations with Keith Steffen
- Keith Steffen and the Apostolic Christian Communit...
- Conversations with George
- Conflict of Interest
- OSF-AMT Relationship
- Emergency Room Overcrowding
- OSF Emergency Room Patient Satsifaction
- Fear at OSF
- Conversation with Sister Canisia
- Conversations in Church
- Sister Judith Ann
- Conversations With Chris
- Ethics Committee at OSF
- Ethical and Religious Directives for Catholic Heal...
- Patricia Gibson and Monsignor Rohlfs
- Picketing OSF
- Bishop Jenky Haitian Hearts Meeting---February, 20...
- Bishop Jenky's Threat
- Catholic Diocese Abandons Haitian Hearts
- Tom Carroll's Letter to Bishop Jenky---September, ...
- Bishop Jenky Rejects Catholic Tribunal Court
- Bishop Jenky's Response to Tribunal---November 17,...
- Paul Kramer--Executive Director Children's Hospita...
- OSF Cuts Haitian Hearts Funding--July, 2002
- Slow Down Surgery--Part I
- Slow Down Surgery--Part II
- Letter Regarding Delay of Surgery---November, 2002...
- Perfume, Pets, and Pediatrics
- Linda Arnold--OSF Foundation
- Letter to Illinois Attorney General---January 15, ...
- Willie's Pacemaker
- Jackson is Dying
- Joe Piccione---Ethics vs. Practice
- Diane's Letter to Joe Piccione and Patricia Gibson...
- Pleading OSF for Jackson's Life
- Letter to Sister, Keith, and Paul re: Jackson Jean...
- Jackson Jean-Baptiste Forum Article
- Jackson's Letter to Sister Judith Ann
- Washing Jackson's Feet
- Jackson Jean-Baptiste's Obituary
- Children's Hospital of Illinois Advisory Board
- Jackson Jean-Baptiste and Keith Steffen
- Jackson Shouldn't Have Died
- Emergency Medical Systems Failure in Peoria
- Peoria Journal Star Articles
- Firehouse Forum
- Cardiac Arrest
- Basic Drugs
- More Fear
- Trust in Physicians
- Questions for George, Rick, and Andrew
- On the Take
- Open Letter to Peoria Medical Society---January 6,...
- Questions About Matrix Consulting Group
- The Matrix Report
- Should Peoria Fire Department Sell Its Only Amubla...
- Let Peoria Fire Department Operate its Ambulance
- 19 Minutes Is Too Long
- Ambulance Monopoly Unhealthy for City
- Peoria City Council--August 9, 2005
- Peoria's Greed
- Peoria City Council---February 7, 2006
- ▼ March (64)