Washing Jackson’s Feet
Date: Tue Jan 17 11:05:36 2006
Subject: Jackson Jean-Baptiste
Dear Bishop Jenky, Sister Judith Ann, Joe, Gerry, Keith, Paul, and Doug Marshall,
As you may know, Jean-Baptiste is a patient at Cleveland Clinic. I never received a meaningful response from any of you regarding helping Jean-Baptiste when I mailed you repeatedly asking for your help since the spring of 2005. Many people from Peoria have driven the 8 hours to Cleveland to visit Jean-Baptiste. They are very sad to see him in the condition he is in and feel bad that OSF would not accept him or even answer their e mails regarding Jean-Baptiste.
A couple of days ago my niece and I watched a nurse’s aide wash Jean-Baptiste’s feet. He sat in a chair at bedside as she carefully and gently washed his feet and toes and put cream on them. Most of his life he didn’t even have shoes. She commented how nice his feet were. She doesn’t wash many 21 year old’s feet because she cares for Americans who are much older with this degree of heart failure due to valve dysfunction.
Jean-Baptiste’s illiterate mother who lives in a cinder block house without water or electricity on a mountain side over looking Port-au-Prince, has lost 3 males in her family including her husband and is about ready to lose the fourth. We have no way to contact her about her son’s status.
A physician from Doctors Without Borders recently wrote that silence breeds injustice. I would respectfully advise all of you to travel to Cleveland with one of the former host families when they visit Jean-Baptiste and explain to them and to Jean-Baptiste your motivation for your silence and abandonment of him. Wash his feet, like the nurse’s aide did, and tell him you are sorry.
Correction--Doug Marshall, OSF attorney, did email me in the Spring of 2005 stating that OSF would not take any patient referred by me, so I guess this was a "meaningful response".
- Introduction--Peoria's Medical Mafia
- Keith's Letter
- Conversations with Keith Steffen
- Keith Steffen and the Apostolic Christian Communit...
- Conversations with George
- Conflict of Interest
- OSF-AMT Relationship
- Emergency Room Overcrowding
- OSF Emergency Room Patient Satsifaction
- Fear at OSF
- Conversation with Sister Canisia
- Conversations in Church
- Sister Judith Ann
- Conversations With Chris
- Ethics Committee at OSF
- Ethical and Religious Directives for Catholic Heal...
- Patricia Gibson and Monsignor Rohlfs
- Picketing OSF
- Bishop Jenky Haitian Hearts Meeting---February, 20...
- Bishop Jenky's Threat
- Catholic Diocese Abandons Haitian Hearts
- Tom Carroll's Letter to Bishop Jenky---September, ...
- Bishop Jenky Rejects Catholic Tribunal Court
- Bishop Jenky's Response to Tribunal---November 17,...
- Paul Kramer--Executive Director Children's Hospita...
- OSF Cuts Haitian Hearts Funding--July, 2002
- Slow Down Surgery--Part I
- Slow Down Surgery--Part II
- Letter Regarding Delay of Surgery---November, 2002...
- Perfume, Pets, and Pediatrics
- Linda Arnold--OSF Foundation
- Letter to Illinois Attorney General---January 15, ...
- Willie's Pacemaker
- Jackson is Dying
- Joe Piccione---Ethics vs. Practice
- Diane's Letter to Joe Piccione and Patricia Gibson...
- Pleading OSF for Jackson's Life
- Letter to Sister, Keith, and Paul re: Jackson Jean...
- Jackson Jean-Baptiste Forum Article
- Jackson's Letter to Sister Judith Ann
- Washing Jackson's Feet
- Jackson Jean-Baptiste's Obituary
- Children's Hospital of Illinois Advisory Board
- Jackson Jean-Baptiste and Keith Steffen
- Jackson Shouldn't Have Died
- Emergency Medical Systems Failure in Peoria
- Peoria Journal Star Articles
- Firehouse Forum
- Cardiac Arrest
- Basic Drugs
- More Fear
- Trust in Physicians
- Questions for George, Rick, and Andrew
- On the Take
- Open Letter to Peoria Medical Society---January 6,...
- Questions About Matrix Consulting Group
- The Matrix Report
- Should Peoria Fire Department Sell Its Only Amubla...
- Let Peoria Fire Department Operate its Ambulance
- 19 Minutes Is Too Long
- Ambulance Monopoly Unhealthy for City
- Peoria City Council--August 9, 2005
- Peoria's Greed
- Peoria City Council---February 7, 2006
- ▼ March (64)