Monday, March 06, 2006
Jackson Jean-Baptiste's Obituary
Jackson Jean-Baptiste’s Obituary
Goodfield - Jackson Jean - Baptiste, 21 years old, from La Boul, Haiti,formerly living with host parents in Goodfield, died at 12:30 AM on January 21, 2006 in Cleveland, Ohio. He was born on August 1, 1984 in Petion-Ville, Haiti to Maxil and Rosette Jean-Baptiste.
He is survived by his mother, Rosette, and one sister, Nadia in Haiti. His father and 2 brothers preceded him in death.
Funeral mass will be held at 10:00 am on Friday January 17, 2006 at St.Joseph Catholic Church, formerly St. Martin de Porres Catholic Church, in Peoria. Visitation will be held from 6-8 pm on Thursday at Argo-Ruestman-Harris Funeral Home in Eureka. A grave side service will be held at 10 am on Saturday at the Goodfield-Congerville Apostolic Christian Cemetery in Congerville.
Jackson attended school in Haiti for 9 years that was interrupted frequently by heart problems caused by rheumatic heart disease. He was brought to the United States by Haitian Hearts in 2001 for heart surgery in Peoria. In May, 2005 Jackson was diagnosed with a recurrent heart problem and brought to Cleveland Clinic on December 27 where he was treated.
During his stay in central Illinois, he stayed with loving host families in the area and attended school at Eureka Middle School. Jackson was very intelligent and spoke French, English, and his native Haitian Creole.
During the last six months of his life, Jackson suffered tremendously due to his heart problems. He was a victim of poverty and greed that sustains and propagates the degrading conditions in which he and his family lived in Haiti. Jackson was very independent and strong and fought to keep himself alive and deserved much more dignity as a human being than he was given.
Jackson’s mother has now lost her main source of strength. He will greatly be missed by his Haitian family and his host families in Illinois. Online condolence will be received at ruestmanharrisfuneralhome.com and will be forwarded to Jackson’s mother in Haiti.
Donations can be made to Rosette, his mother, through Haitian Hearts POBox 2363 East Peoria, IL 61611.
- Introduction--Peoria's Medical Mafia
- Keith's Letter
- Conversations with Keith Steffen
- Keith Steffen and the Apostolic Christian Communit...
- Conversations with George
- Conflict of Interest
- OSF-AMT Relationship
- Emergency Room Overcrowding
- OSF Emergency Room Patient Satsifaction
- Fear at OSF
- Conversation with Sister Canisia
- Conversations in Church
- Sister Judith Ann
- Conversations With Chris
- Ethics Committee at OSF
- Ethical and Religious Directives for Catholic Heal...
- Patricia Gibson and Monsignor Rohlfs
- Picketing OSF
- Bishop Jenky Haitian Hearts Meeting---February, 20...
- Bishop Jenky's Threat
- Catholic Diocese Abandons Haitian Hearts
- Tom Carroll's Letter to Bishop Jenky---September, ...
- Bishop Jenky Rejects Catholic Tribunal Court
- Bishop Jenky's Response to Tribunal---November 17,...
- Paul Kramer--Executive Director Children's Hospita...
- OSF Cuts Haitian Hearts Funding--July, 2002
- Slow Down Surgery--Part I
- Slow Down Surgery--Part II
- Letter Regarding Delay of Surgery---November, 2002...
- Perfume, Pets, and Pediatrics
- Linda Arnold--OSF Foundation
- Letter to Illinois Attorney General---January 15, ...
- Willie's Pacemaker
- Jackson is Dying
- Joe Piccione---Ethics vs. Practice
- Diane's Letter to Joe Piccione and Patricia Gibson...
- Pleading OSF for Jackson's Life
- Letter to Sister, Keith, and Paul re: Jackson Jean...
- Jackson Jean-Baptiste Forum Article
- Jackson's Letter to Sister Judith Ann
- Washing Jackson's Feet
- Jackson Jean-Baptiste's Obituary
- Children's Hospital of Illinois Advisory Board
- Jackson Jean-Baptiste and Keith Steffen
- Jackson Shouldn't Have Died
- Emergency Medical Systems Failure in Peoria
- Peoria Journal Star Articles
- Firehouse Forum
- Cardiac Arrest
- Basic Drugs
- More Fear
- Trust in Physicians
- Questions for George, Rick, and Andrew
- On the Take
- Open Letter to Peoria Medical Society---January 6,...
- Questions About Matrix Consulting Group
- The Matrix Report
- Should Peoria Fire Department Sell Its Only Amubla...
- Let Peoria Fire Department Operate its Ambulance
- 19 Minutes Is Too Long
- Ambulance Monopoly Unhealthy for City
- Peoria City Council--August 9, 2005
- Peoria's Greed
- Peoria City Council---February 7, 2006
- ▼ March (64)